Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WulffJoergen
Frequent Visitor

Total Sum based on max value from another table calculates correctly row by row but overall sum is

Hi Community,

My model has different versions of the budget, and version number can vary based on project and department.
And I desperately needs help to solve the problem.

Regards Jørgen

The code below gives me the correct figure for each project but the Total Row is doing the calculation on the latest version for all projects which happens due to the Bolded text. 

Total FTE Latest Budget =
VAR LatestBudget = MAX(ftelines[fte_budget_version])
RETURN
CALCULATE([Total FTE],Filter(ftelines, ftelines[fte_budget_version]=LatestBudget))

On you tube I found a video from Goodly using MAXX  but it does not work for me - maybe due to only using 1 table.

and in DAX Studio I tried below but received the result below the code:
EVALUATE
VAR LatestBudget = MAX(ftelines[fte_budget_version])
VAR LatestFTE = CALCULATE([Total FTE],Filter(ftelines, ftelines[fte_budget_version]=LatestBudget))
Return
ADDCOLUMNS(
    SUMMARIZE(ftelines,Projekt[code],ftelines[trial]),
    "MAXFTE",LatestFTE)

WulffJoergen_0-1679406751362.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
WulffJoergen
Frequent Visitor

Hi Amitchandak
Thank you for sending the links. It looks like the problem I have, so I will look into it directly.
Regards 
Jørgen

Hi, 
A little bit of reengeneering and then it worked like a charm 😊
An Idea for an extra blog for you could be the same solution but with multiple filters included (like budget and project).
Regards 
Jørgen

I tried to replicate your data, and when I make the same table I Succeed. When I take my own data and rename and only keeps the columns as you have them, it does not work. Any ideas?

WulffJoergen_0-1679423853269.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.