Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Text filter to multiple pages

Hello everyone!

I am creating a product catalogue in Power BI. On one page I have the contents, where there is a text filter option to search a product. The catalogue has 10 different families (so 10 different pages, because the pages have to be different between them). So if I search "PC", for example, a table of products that contains PC in the Index is shown, however some products are from family A and other products from B. I would like to choose one product (from the family A for example) and navigate to page of family A. That is done correctly, however, the lists of products shown in that family is only the selected product. I would like to show the products from that family with the searched word ("PC") on its name. 

How can I conserve the filtered word from the text filter? Is there a way to call this "selected value" (I tried selectedvalue function but it didn't call the "PC" value) and conserve it on another page?

I have tried the following options:

1) Only text filter (but text filter cannot syncronize within the other pages). I don't know if there is another way to do it.

2) Text filter and a Slicer choosing "All products", but, even if the filter is syncronized between pages, it does not delete the other non PC products.

3) I was thinking about doing it by an input text parameter from the user and using DAX someway (like filtering all the pages with a measure using the input text), but I cannot put a text parameter value in a power BI report (only in Power Queries).

What should I do? Is there any option?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi you can use another text filter

PROGRAMACION_0-1666713635438.png

It is and is synchronized

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You cannot get that value to any measure try using this custom visualization

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381309?tab=Overview

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried it (it was the first option I wrote), but I cannot syncronize the written value with the other pages. I need to filter (conserve only the written word) the slicers from the other pages depending on that filter.

You can use the filter pane, making the selection of the text in the filter pane will persist in the other pages:

MFelix_0-1655805971772.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I know, but this Power BI will be published and the user wants to use a report visual as Text Filter.

Hi @Anonymous ,

To my knowledge you cannot do it has you refer, one option would be to use the same page and bookmarks to switch on the visualizations instead of having the 10 pages, I don't know what are the changes between the different pages has you refer.

Believe that you want to have the values dynamic since the users may search for any value.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, thank you for your great replies.

I wanted to connect slicer values between them, but I dont want the user selecting all the values. If I put "Select All Values" on the slicer, the products from the slicer don't filter. Maybe can help that there are the same slicers (which show the products of that family (filtered by all the page)) for every page, and there is a main page which has the father slicer (where there's also the text box). So, maybe I can syncronize the slicers with the values that are appearing when a Text is introduced into the Text Filter visual, but if the user selects one product, the slicer of family A (page A) will be filtered into the selected product and not all the searched word (e.g. PC) product. I think it's an impossible solution for now. Don't you think that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.