Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rank32
Frequent Visitor

Take MIN value for every date for each employee

Hello,

I have a problem where I have billable hours and available hours by employee and project.  Every record has 8 hours available built into it.  The issue comes into play when a single employee works on multiple projects in a single day. Since there is a value of 8 available hours in each record, when an employee shows up more than once in a single day (under multiple projects) this causes available hours to be inflated (8 * however many times the employee shows up in single day).  I am looking to create a measure to take the min value for each date for each employee.  This way, I can sum the billable hours against a constant 8 hours available and get a correct utilization measure.  I want this to work both at the individual employee level, but also aggregate correctly when looking at the dataset in it's entirety.  I can't seem to attach a workbook as a new user but here is a link to the workbook in google drive.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

Hi,

you could create a date table and use something like the below to create a measure of the number of hours per day:

CALCULATE(min(SampleData[AvailableHours]),ALLEXCEPT('date table','date table'[Date]))

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Appreciate the idea. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this accounts for the individual employee aspect of this.  This will give me a total value of 8 available hours for the entire org each day.

Apologies, try this measure=

Measure = var min1 =  CALCULATE(min(SampleData[AvailableHours]))
var totalselectedemp = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(SampleData[EmployeeID]))
return
min1*totalselectedemp

just replace it with your available hours in the chart, i've tested against a few dates and the whole chart and it looks like it's working:

DOLEARY85_0-1685517747748.png

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.