Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Silko
Helper II
Helper II

Tags in a slicer (AND, OR)

Hi,

I have a problem with filtering my data. I have a table of tags which is connected with products, customers, etc. I want to filter my data by tags.

I made a slicer and put the tags as a value. There is no problem when I filter data by one tag, but there is a problem when I try to filter data by multiple tags. If I select multiple tags I get all the data which has at least one of the tags (so there is an OR connection between tags in the slicer). But usually I want to get only the data which has all the selected tags (AND connection). Is there a way to do that?

3 REPLIES 3

If the tags come from a single column - I assume they do - then AND doesn't make any sense. Each row can only have one. If your tags come from multiple columns, then how are you doing this?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Tags are in a separate table which has a connection table with every table tags are connected to. It is a many to many connection. So for the products I have three tables:
- products table
- tags table
- products_has_tags table

products_has_tags has two columns:
- tag_id - which is connected to ID in tags table
- product_id - which is connected to ID in products table

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Silko we have same situation too, were you able to solve this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.