Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Damian_CT_Nom
Helper I
Helper I

Table visual object filtering another table visual object by selecting a value from

I'm struggling to find a solution in google because "table" goes also for the data table. 

Is there a way to filter one table by another just by pressing a value?

image.png

As you can see inthe above image, I have the left table in which I've tried to select the value 2 from Closed column to filter the second table and I would like it to show me only the Tickets Id which are closed.

Both visuals have the same data origin, no relations or anything, a single table with data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Damian_CT_Nom ,
From Power Query Editor, Unpivot your table to bring in ticket type categorical field and No. of tickets numeric field.
Please share the .pbix file here if possible so that we can make changes in it and share back.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Damian_CT_Nom ,
Power BI visuals in itself filter one another when you click on elements. Now the thing is that this filtering is done for the categorical/dimensional data.

In your scenario, when you click on week in left table, it filters right table only for week = 23cw12 and not for week = 23cw12 AND type=Closed.
Hence you can add type (closed, closed by system, reopened) into rows instead columns in left chart or add type in right chart.

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

LinkedIn

Thanks for your answer @Anand24 but as you can see, the "Closed Tickets" column is also in the table to the right. It won't filter by the closed tickets for week 12 even if I click on the "2" in the left.

@Damian_CT_Nom ,
When you click on "2", Power BI still filters on categorical values in table. So in your case, even if you click on "2", it filters for what that 2 value is against, i.e., week = 23cw12.

You will need to add a categorical field for ticket type in the left table visualization.

LinkedIn

I don't actually know how to do that... I've switched from table to matrix using the weeks as rows and puting the sum of closed, closed by system and reopened as values. But same thing happens. Could you please tell me how to achieve this?

@Damian_CT_Nom ,
From Power Query Editor, Unpivot your table to bring in ticket type categorical field and No. of tickets numeric field.
Please share the .pbix file here if possible so that we can make changes in it and share back.

LinkedIn

Thank you @Anand24 this worked for me now!

Hi @Damian_CT_Nom ! Could you share the solution? Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.