Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Boldy1
Frequent Visitor

Table Visualization Help

I'm trying to split a large table visually into two tables. I can't have a scroll bar thus the need to "split" the table. I have seen how I can make one table into two but then the data wouldn't all filter together and that is what I am needing to acheive.

Any help would be appreciated

8 REPLIES 8
Boldy1
Frequent Visitor

@v-lili6-msft @az38 @parry2k Thank you all for your help so far. I've made a sample file with the information as it is laid out. This is probably a dumb question but I can't seem to figure out how to attach that file so you all can see it

@Boldy1 you cannot attached file, share it using onedrive or google drive.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I understand that's how it is shared but I was asking specifically on this forum. Can I post the file so that anyone trying to help answer can view it and manipulate it to try and solve the question?

Thanks!

hi @Boldy1 

You could not attach file in the forum directly, only power bi Community Support Team could do it for now.

You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Boldy1 

try create a measure like this

FilerField = if(isodd(CALCULATE (
        COUNTROWS ( 'Table' );
        FILTER ( ALLSELECTED (  'Table'  );  'Table'[Column1]  < MAX (  'Table'[Column1] ) )
    )+1);1;2)

it will return you "1" for odd rows, 2 for other. It will work with any applied filters

next, create 2 visuals table.

in first one set visual filter "less than 2"

in the second one - "greater than 1"

enjoy.

but it will work if rows order isnt important

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
Linkedin

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
Boldy1
Frequent Visitor

This makes sense but I wasn't specific enough in my original question. I have 37 rows and want to have 18 on one side and 19 on the other. The problem is when I split the data I can have any sorting I want to do by column continue across both tables. I'm having to sort both tables individually.

So is there a way to have the rows split in two groups while still being able to sort by column information across all 37 not just in the individual groups?

hi @Boldy1 

Sample data and expected output would help tremendously, and we could give you further help.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Boldy1 whatever column you are planning to slicer these tables on, create seperate table for those columns and set relation of that new table wiht your split table, and in slicer value from new table, it will allow you to filter both the table 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.