Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TOPN Question

Hi I wrote a similar question on a different group board but was told by a collegue to place my question here instead.  So sorry if you are seeing this twice.

I am VERY new to Power BI and am trying to figure out how to work with topN.  I currently have a dashboard that contains 5 charts and 4 slicers.  One of the charts is a treemap showcasing the overall top 5 ID's, however the ID's are stagnant regardless of crossfilter, slicer or drilldown.  I need the topN to display the top 5 ID's with consideration to any drop down/slicer/crossfilter.  AND i also need to break any ties that may occur.  

For example,

Currently, the treemap shows top 5 overall ID's are listed as A, B, C, D, E.  If I go to a different chart, let's say a bar graph, and click on business type='Finance', I would like the treemap to display the top 5 ID's for 'Finance', which would be A,F, G, H, I.  If I then decide I want to select a drop-down from business type='Finance', let's say sub-business-type = 'Tax', I then would like the treemap to display the top 5 ID's listed for 'Tax' which would be A and F.  I would like the same to occur for the slicers as well. 

Is there a way to make this work? If this question has already been answered, can you please provide the link to said answer?

Thanks!

TP

1 REPLY 1
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share the download link of the PBI file.  Clearly show the problem there.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.