Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Switch Function Help

Hello All,

Looking for some help here...

I currently have a report that has multiple pages showing the same information, just different granularity. 

As you can see by the photo below, it's rolling up to Brand Name. I also have it rolling up to Username, Manager, Store and SKU. 

TableTable

I'm trying to get it to where I can have a slicer on the page, and change which level the data rolls up to. 

I'm assuming this can be done with a Switch Function, but I'm unsure of how to get the data from the lookup tables to show the values. 

The data in the Uplift Columns, IV Count, and SKU Effct. all come from one fact table, and the different levels they roll up to are all coming from different lookup tables. 

Is this something that is possible?

The image below is an example of one of the lookup tables. I'm unable to show the data due to privacy issues. 

This lookup table has 133 rows that are all text. The User Name Column has all distinct values, but the Managers are duplicated. 

LookupLookup

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Your best bet is to use bookmarks that will switch betwen the various view and attach those to buttons to let the users change the display.  Here is a link to a similar question where the solution has a sample file you can take a look at.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Doubling-up-on-bookmarks/m-p/769112#M370614

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Your best bet is to use bookmarks that will switch betwen the various view and attach those to buttons to let the users change the display.  Here is a link to a similar question where the solution has a sample file you can take a look at.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Doubling-up-on-bookmarks/m-p/769112#M370614

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors