Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

omba

SummarizeColumns with filter comparing values of both tables

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to create a new table that would be a join of 2 tables but with some filters based on a comparision between 1st and 2nd table columns. Let me take an example.

I currently have the 2 below tables: 

Table 1
IDStartIntEndInt
A12
B25
C03
D17
E25

Table 2
PossibleInts

I would like to create a new table that would be a SummarizeColumns on Table1.[ID] and Table2.[PossibleInts] BUT with a filter so that the new row is genrated only if the Table2.[PossibleInts] is within the Table1.[StartInt] ;Table2.[StartInt] range. 
So that the result would look like something like this:

Resulting Table
IDPossibleInts
A1
A2
B2
B3
B4
B5

Hope I was clear enough, happy to give further details if needed!

Edit: Table2 is not really needed, any solution based only on Table1 would totally suit!

Thanks in advance,
Vincent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@omba much easier in power query , add new custom column in power query with following M code

[StartInt]..[EndInt]

it will add a list column and now you can expand it to rows.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@omba much easier in power query , add new custom column in power query with following M code

[StartInt]..[EndInt]

it will add a list column and now you can expand it to rows.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi Parry,

Thank you very much for the quick reply, works perfectly!
I marked your reply as the solution.

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.