Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kaz5281
Frequent Visitor

Sum filtered rows with calculation in between

I have the following data in a matrix table, where Cups Phones and Fans are filtered from other objects (not displayed)

DateJan-2021Feb-2021
Object  
ObjA14
ObjB25
ObjD36

I'd like to create a subtoal_obj where I have ObjA+ObjB+ObjD*10, then do a subtotal_obj_perday where I take subtotal_obj and divide it by the number of dates in that month-yr. So it'd create a visual that would looks like this

DateJan-2021Feb-2021
Object  
ObjA14
ObjB25
ObjD36
subtotal_obj3369
subtotal_obj_perday 1.062.46

I was able to do this in a visual via 3 separate tables by creating a new conditional column in my original table where If Object=ObjA or ObjB i'd leave it alone, if =ObjD -> ObjD*10, then adding them up but I'm not sure how to merge the visuals. 

to get the obj_perday (in a 3rd table) I had another conditional column of [object]/DAY(table1[Date]) but same problem - how to union all 3 tables. I think this is a more complicated way of doing it though. 

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
kaz5281
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm able to get those values, maybe the problem I'm having is more formatting than calculation? This is the desired output in a single visual / table. Is this possible? I'm currently able to get measure3_total in a separate table, and measure2_total in a separate table but I'm unsure of how to merge it with the value table to make one table

kaz5281_0-1710343403793.png

I've been poking around more - I think the solution may be something along the lines of what was done here (https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Create-calculated-row/td-p/440613) but I don't entirely understand that solution yet. Still playing with it...

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kaz5281 ,

I have created a simple sample, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Create measures.

value_m = IF(MAX('Table'[Object])="ObjD",MAX('Table'[Value])*10,MAX('Table'[Value]))
Measure = DAY(EOMONTH(MAX('Table'[date]),0))
Measure 2 = 
var _b = SUMMARIZE('Table','Table'[Object],"aaa",[value_m])
return
IF(HASONEVALUE('Table'[Object]),[value_m],SUMX(_b,[aaa])/[Measure])
Measure 3 = 
var _b = SUMMARIZE('Table','Table'[Object],"aaa",[value_m])
return
IF(HASONEVALUE('Table'[Object]),[value_m],SUMX(_b,[aaa]))

vrongtiepmsft_0-1710297199088.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Fabric Community

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.