Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Chapin4u
Employee
Employee

Subtract 6 hours

add_hours.png

I have the following query to show my last refresh in my report. When I upload the report to Power BI services (Web) show time 6 hours ahead of my local time, therefore, need to subtract 6 hours from my query. Please help me by guiding me how to subtract 6 hours from my query, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Chapin4u

Power BI Service is cloud service, you may get the time zone issue when using functions like NOW(), TODAY() since it takes the cloud server's date. You can use  DateTimeZone.SwitchZone function int Power Query to set your local time. Please refer to articles below:

Solving DAX Time Zone Issue in Power BI

Daylight Saving Time And Time Zones In M

If you just want to workaround this by substract 6 hours, you can create a custom column and add "+#duration(0,-6,0,0)" to your Date column.

5.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Chapin4u

Power BI Service is cloud service, you may get the time zone issue when using functions like NOW(), TODAY() since it takes the cloud server's date. You can use  DateTimeZone.SwitchZone function int Power Query to set your local time. Please refer to articles below:

Solving DAX Time Zone Issue in Power BI

Daylight Saving Time And Time Zones In M

If you just want to workaround this by substract 6 hours, you can create a custom column and add "+#duration(0,-6,0,0)" to your Date column.

5.PNG

Regards,

Hi Simon,  

This looks good and easy to implement (DST issue aside) but I have a couple of questions:

I created custom columns in my tables to track whether a record should be counted in Today's reports and wondering how I would integrate your solution for the service/source time mismatch?  I actually have two columns in one of my tables one for Created Date and another for First Meeting Date.  Would I create your workaround for each column?

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Mike

IsTodayCreated = IF (YEAR ( Opportunity[CreatedDate] ) = YEAR ( TODAY () )
           && MONTH ( Opportunity[CreatedDate] ) = MONTH ( TODAY () )
              && DAY ( Opportunity[CreatedDate] ) = DAY ( TODAY () ),
"Yes",
"No"
)

IsTodayCompleted =
IF (YEAR ( Opportunity[First_Meeting_Date__c] ) = YEAR ( TODAY () )
&& MONTH ( Opportunity[First_Meeting_Date__c] ) = MONTH ( TODAY () )
&& DAY ( Opportunity[First_Meeting_Date__c] ) = DAY ( TODAY () ),

"Yes",
"No"
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.