Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

maydaymay
Frequent Visitor

Struggling with Running Total Quick Measure

Hello,

I am fairly new to Power BI and not experienced with DAX.  I am able to build a matrix that measures the number of starts by lead aging, for the month the leads were generated.  The rows are months leads are generated, the columns represent the amount of time between the lead date and the start date.  The values are the number of leads that started within that time 'bucket'.  

totals by bucket.PNG

I want to be able to create the same matrix but with a running total for each month, increasing by time bucket.  I used the Running Total Quick Measure feature, and it gets close, but it's incorrect.  Here are the results.

incorrect running total by bucket.PNG

Looking at December, the 7 Day bucket should be 136, the 14 day bucket should be 220, etc.  I also don't understand how the running total can decrease - December 5 month is less than 4 month.  I clicked CHECK 

for the Quick Measure and built a quick matrix that included the first 4 buckets (same day to 30 Day).  It is calculating the correct amount this way, so I think the Running Total is calculating correctly, it's just not working with the sequenced time buckets.checking running total.PNG

Here's the DAX that the Quick Measure created for me.  Any ideas why it’s not creating an accurate cumulative total?

quick mesaure DAX.PNG

Thank you,

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maydaymay
Frequent Visitor

Closing my own item.

I had a slicer on the page that was applying a date range.  I'm not sure why but deleting the slicer solved the problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
maydaymay
Frequent Visitor

Closing my own item.

I had a slicer on the page that was applying a date range.  I'm not sure why but deleting the slicer solved the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.