Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GD61
Helper III
Helper III

Stacked bar Chart

Hi,

1° How to display the 12 numbers (for 12 months) on the left vertical axis of this stacked bar chart?

2° How to remove the "Number of" that the software added to the 2 last items of the legend ?

Thanks and regards

ARUBA Kite Wind.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

For the first one, click the visual and then click the paintbrush icon, expand Y-Axis and then choose "Categorical" instead of "Continuous". For the second one, I don't believe that there is enough information here, can you post a screen shot of your visual configuration, the column chart icon next to the paintbrush icon.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @GD61

For you 2nd issue, I think that the two last informations ("number of") are here because the measure does not have and aggregation function.

When you put this kind of measure in the value section, Power BI automatically add and aggregation function and named the measure created with "number of" (in case of counting) of "sum of" (for sum function).

Select your measure and check, in the format menu, if there is an aggregation function.

aggregate.png

In case of numeric measure, all the aggregation function should be available, and after choosing the one you want to use, the name of the measure won't be "number of", but just the real name.

Sébastien

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @GD61

For you 2nd issue, I think that the two last informations ("number of") are here because the measure does not have and aggregation function.

When you put this kind of measure in the value section, Power BI automatically add and aggregation function and named the measure created with "number of" (in case of counting) of "sum of" (for sum function).

Select your measure and check, in the format menu, if there is an aggregation function.

aggregate.png

In case of numeric measure, all the aggregation function should be available, and after choosing the one you want to use, the name of the measure won't be "number of", but just the real name.

Sébastien

Thanks Sébastien and Smoupr

For the 2 last items I had "Null" values which by default were with "Text" type. I was able to convert these text type as Number.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

For the first one, click the visual and then click the paintbrush icon, expand Y-Axis and then choose "Categorical" instead of "Continuous". For the second one, I don't believe that there is enough information here, can you post a screen shot of your visual configuration, the column chart icon next to the paintbrush icon.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.