Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BanNguyen
Frequent Visitor

= Sql.Database (Server, Database, [Query= - Can I access 2 different Database name in a sub query

Hi everyone,
My problem is I have SQL subquery imported into Power BI to load data and also created a Database parameter so users can easily change the data sources whenever they want to change the Server name and database name.

In the Power Query, I see that "Sql.Database (Server, Database, [Query=" can not add more database which I have used in the sub-query! I can not find a way to config this. Does anyone have way to fix this parameter or the Power Query!

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You cannot dynamically change the server name.  You can run native queries that swap out the database name if the database is on the same server and you have access to both databases.

It is possible to change the server name via parameters in the service, or as part of deployment pipelines.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You cannot dynamically change the server name.  You can run native queries that swap out the database name if the database is on the same server and you have access to both databases.

It is possible to change the server name via parameters in the service, or as part of deployment pipelines.

Thanks! I'll try this way to set up for my report

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.