Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ffitzpatrick47
Helper II
Helper II

Sorting on non display columns in power pivot and filtering on measures

image.png

I want to filter on measures.  The way I have been doing it is with a new measure that looks like:

new measure = if(oldmeasure condition,oldmeasure,blank()).  But surely, this is not how powerpivot was intended as normal people shoudl be able to do this easily without cracking out the Dax Patterns book.

Then, I want to sort on difference for ordering, but not actually show that column.  Aside from hiding the column in excel (which is the cowards way), is there some other way to sort by that column without actually displaying it?

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Ffitzpatrick47,

Please check if "sort by column" feature works in your scenario.

Also, about Powerpivot issues, you can post question in PowerPivot forum to get dedicated support.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sort by column works, the issue is sorting over a column that doesn't exist, I haven't solved that

@Ffitzpatrick47,

Please post question in PowerPivot forum to get dedicated support.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Ffitzpatrick47
Helper II
Helper II

I think I figured the filtering out.  You have to right click a row, not a column on the value of which you want to filter.  I forgot the interface is counterintuitive

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.