Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

molivR
Frequent Visitor

Sorting multiple bar categories without mixing them

Hi, I seem to have a simple problem but I'm running in circles. I just want to sort my bars in descending order but when I click on sort by values it mixes up all my categories, I just want to see in descending order the bars for EACH category.

Before:

molivR_0-1700848296480.png

After sorting:

molivR_1-1700848321158.png

I want for my three categories to each be sorted not ALL at once.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @molivR 

If I understood you correctly and you want to sort the hierarchies and the values inside them, there is no generic option to achieve it.

But there are some workarounds you can see in the solution of @Ahmedx in the linked discussion:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Help-Needed-in-Nested-Sorting-for-Hierarchical-Bar...

Note that from the efficient data visualization perspective hierarchical matrix with bars will be much easier to read for graph readers ... take a look at my purpose for the alternative solution in the same discussion that I linked.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other

members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
molivR
Frequent Visitor

Thank you it works

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @molivR 

If I understood you correctly and you want to sort the hierarchies and the values inside them, there is no generic option to achieve it.

But there are some workarounds you can see in the solution of @Ahmedx in the linked discussion:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Help-Needed-in-Nested-Sorting-for-Hierarchical-Bar...

Note that from the efficient data visualization perspective hierarchical matrix with bars will be much easier to read for graph readers ... take a look at my purpose for the alternative solution in the same discussion that I linked.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other

members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.