Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThaoNguyenLotus

Something went wrong with Q&A. Enter a different question or try again later

Hi team,

Is there anyone familier with that error (Something went wrong with Q&A. Enter a different question or try again later) on Q&A in Power BI Desktop? I'm using PBI version November 2023. 

Q&A.png

 Not sure where we can enter a different without setting icon on the Q&A visual on that case? 

11 REPLIES 11
sahil_kothekar
Frequent Visitor

Hi, This happend with me recently and here is the solution that worked for me.
1) This happed because the linguistic schema was broken as there was a blank string inside the column synonymn term.
The error message would look something like this when you try to export lingustic schema.
It will tell you the column/ metric that has broken the lingustic schema.

sahil_kothekar_0-1707716146415.png

sahil_kothekar_1-1707716232098.png

Steps to resolve this issue
1) Remove the column from power query and load the data again for that table.
This will enable the Q&A back on the desktop and then bring back that column 
This fixed the issue and Q&A is again working fine for me.
If this solution helps kindly mark it as a solution for others to refer

GroundedLotus
Regular Visitor

Hi! I'm also having this issue, Q&A works in the service but on desktop no luck. Started having this issue after the November 2023 update. Any updaes or fixes? I'm not able to rollback my installed PowerBI version.

d4shboarder

I also have the same issue. Is there a solution available?

Vasilina
Regular Visitor

The primary concern is that Q&A seems to be problematic, and the only workaround that consistently works for me is reverting to previous versions. Additionally, I've noticed challenges with the linguistic schema. To mitigate this, I've found that exporting and saving the schema before closing Power BI, and then re-importing it upon reopening, helps. However, there are instances where this doesn't work, and Power BI ends up losing the linguistic schema.

gsriniva
Frequent Visitor

In my case this issue started after I had modified the dataset property (DIscourage Implicit Measures = false) through tabulor editor because I tried out the Calculation Group which turned set this property to true which in turn affected the Key Influencer visual I was using. I tried multiple things and was not able to make it work so went back to the previous version and redid my work.  

FYI: If I try the same steps now, like modifying the implicit measure property via tabular editor, it is just working fine. Weard, unable to explain what went wrong and how it got fixed.

DoriSNG
Frequent Visitor

Looks like I'm not the only one with this problem. The Q&A seems to work for my import dataset in PBI Service, but in Desktop it shows this error no matter what. 

fdewolf

I am facing the same issue... Any updates on this?

emcus
Frequent Visitor

I had this problem as well in the November 2023 release. Went back to an older version and it worked there.

/Marcus

gsriniva
Frequent Visitor

I am facing the same issue and running the desktop with november update. It appears to work with other datasets but not with the particular one I am working with. The data is imported into the dataset so seem to be satisfying the requirements to use this visual. Not getting any errors so very hard to troubleshoot this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Albertosaravall
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue

koalaZRH
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. Does anyone knows what is the root cause?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.