Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sujith12345
Helper I
Helper I

Slicer visualisation tips

IMG_20211125_182029.jpg

 Hi,

I wanted to add a box like this, same as in the tableau,.. based upon the selection inside the rejection reason box, the whole report has been changed. 

Can you please help me to do that visual in power bi.?

@amitchandak Power bi visualisation tip 

3 REPLIES 3
ahmedoye
Resolver III
Resolver III

If this looks like something you can manage:

Capture.PNG

What I think you can do as a work around is to an extent is:

1. Create a slicer with the categories. Then use the Filters Pane to reduce the number of items there.

1.PNG

2. Copy and paste the slicer the number of columns you'll like to show. And apply the relevant filters in each one. Also, Edit the interaction in each of the slicers to disable it from interacting with the others.

2.PNG

3. Insert a shape around all the slicers at once.

3.PNG
  4. Make sure the Shape fill is turned off.

4.PNG

5. Turn on the title on the shape and add.

5.PNG

6. Then also, click to format the shape and send it to back.

6.PNG

If this workaround works for you, kindly mark as a solution to allow others who may have similar challenges find it easily.

ahmedoye
Resolver III
Resolver III

You can achieve this in Power BI.

When you create the slicer, check the tiny little drop down towards the top right of your slicer that shows (change the type of slicer..), select Drop Down.

You can use the formatting options include outlines on the slicer like you have in the image. When you create one of those like you want, just copy and pase that multiple times to save time in creating and formatting the others. You will only change the field for the newly pasted ones accordingly.

If this solution works for you, please mark it as solution to allow other searching members easily find solutions.

I have already created the slicer, but now want to create the rejection reason box.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.