Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer automatic update for weekly and monthly sales report

i have the sales report which needs to be updated weekly and monthly and every werk i am manually selecting the filters which is very tedious process for me  to work on . I want something automatic  which needs by report along with other week filters as below :

As shown in below i am manually selecting week after week and after month shift i am selecting month . This is becoming more of manuall work . Can we get rid of this by some dyanamic selection?

i have like 32 tabs with different dynamics and its allways diffucult to work on 32 tabs change . I have some tabs with yearly and monthly also . I am execpting some dynamic rollout there also

automaticupdate.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous ,

I created a calendar table that rolls automatically, you could probably tweak this (most importantly the stuff in blue) to meet your needs

Table = 

ADDCOLUMNS(
    	ADDCOLUMNS(
			CALENDAR(today(),max('Date Source')),
			"Month" ,  DATE( 
                        YEAR([Date]), 
                        MONTH([Date]),
                        )

),	
			"Month Inverse Sort Col" , 	-INT([Month])
			)

If you drag the resulting Date field into a slicer it will automatically filter visuals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : how can i create the table using above formula . can you please steps for it ?. Currently all my tables are just import from azure dw server . I am not sure on how to create a table using above formula . can you help me please

Anonymous
Not applicable

solution.png

This is where you click to create a custom table. You'll need to replace 'Employee Calendar Combined' [Calendar] with your own date/time column. 'Your date table' [Date Column]. The resulting table will show up under the fields pane with all of your other source tables. Hopefully that makes it a little more clear?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Thansk for your help .i have the maximium data in the table is 2019-06-25 the reason is always i will hve the day-1 date from source and i see below error . can you please help . Once i created the table what are next steps ?

erroe.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is because the start date is today() (6/26/2019), so that will need to change to fit your needs.  I need to know what's the earliest date you want to show? would min('Sales YOY'[Invoice Data]) work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : ok lets assume min (sales yoy (date)) works . After then creation of this table how can slicer knows that to select the month and week automatically in the report ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason, we created this extra date table was to only show data we are interested in showing, if this doesn;t work we will have to approach it from a different way. Can you explain to me the process of seleecting each slice so I know what you need to automate?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.