Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer automatic update for weekly and monthly sales report

i have the sales report which needs to be updated weekly and monthly and every werk i am manually selecting the filters which is very tedious process for me  to work on . I want something automatic  which needs by report along with other week filters as below :

As shown in below i am manually selecting week after week and after month shift i am selecting month . This is becoming more of manuall work . Can we get rid of this by some dyanamic selection?

i have like 32 tabs with different dynamics and its allways diffucult to work on 32 tabs change . I have some tabs with yearly and monthly also . I am execpting some dynamic rollout there also

automaticupdate.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous ,

I created a calendar table that rolls automatically, you could probably tweak this (most importantly the stuff in blue) to meet your needs

Table = 

ADDCOLUMNS(
    	ADDCOLUMNS(
			CALENDAR(today(),max('Date Source')),
			"Month" ,  DATE( 
                        YEAR([Date]), 
                        MONTH([Date]),
                        )

),	
			"Month Inverse Sort Col" , 	-INT([Month])
			)

If you drag the resulting Date field into a slicer it will automatically filter visuals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : how can i create the table using above formula . can you please steps for it ?. Currently all my tables are just import from azure dw server . I am not sure on how to create a table using above formula . can you help me please

Anonymous
Not applicable

solution.png

This is where you click to create a custom table. You'll need to replace 'Employee Calendar Combined' [Calendar] with your own date/time column. 'Your date table' [Date Column]. The resulting table will show up under the fields pane with all of your other source tables. Hopefully that makes it a little more clear?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Thansk for your help .i have the maximium data in the table is 2019-06-25 the reason is always i will hve the day-1 date from source and i see below error . can you please help . Once i created the table what are next steps ?

erroe.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is because the start date is today() (6/26/2019), so that will need to change to fit your needs.  I need to know what's the earliest date you want to show? would min('Sales YOY'[Invoice Data]) work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : ok lets assume min (sales yoy (date)) works . After then creation of this table how can slicer knows that to select the month and week automatically in the report ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason, we created this extra date table was to only show data we are interested in showing, if this doesn;t work we will have to approach it from a different way. Can you explain to me the process of seleecting each slice so I know what you need to automate?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.