Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dshami
Frequent Visitor

Showing count against count for duplicate values

I have a table with two columns SellerID and ClassID both having duplicates. Both are type Text. As shown in figure 1 each distinct SellerID has count of ClassID mapped. 

I need to output other way around. Say in a bar chart the X-axis should have the ClassID count ( 4, 3, 2, 1) and on Y-axis will be number of SellerID for that particular count of SellerID

Please let me know what approach can be taken

I already created a new table with a column having the lables on x-axis in "expected output image" below.. but donno how to map as both columns are duplicated.

16741384474664510543747814905205.jpg

Input or existing data (figure 1)

16741386805954980973286730323769.jpg

• Expected output would look like this

Thanks in advance,

Shani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dshami 

You can first create a new table from the original table with below DAX. This is because the field on the x-axis should be a column. 

New Table = SUMMARIZE('Table','Table'[SellerID],"Count_of_CLSID",COUNT('Table'[ClassID]))

vjingzhang_0-1674194237336.png

Then select "Count_of_CLSID" column from the new table into the column chart as x-axis. And select "SellerID" from the new table into the chart as y-axis and select "Count" aggregation for it. 

vjingzhang_1-1674194368200.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dshami
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot!

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dshami 

You can first create a new table from the original table with below DAX. This is because the field on the x-axis should be a column. 

New Table = SUMMARIZE('Table','Table'[SellerID],"Count_of_CLSID",COUNT('Table'[ClassID]))

vjingzhang_0-1674194237336.png

Then select "Count_of_CLSID" column from the new table into the column chart as x-axis. And select "SellerID" from the new table into the chart as y-axis and select "Count" aggregation for it. 

vjingzhang_1-1674194368200.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.