Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gabrielvigo
Helper I
Helper I

Show Current and Last Week values into chart

Hi all

I have a table with three fields. "week_report","week_incident_open" and "value".

I need show into a bar chart a SUM(value) of the SELECTEDVALUE(week_report). When "week_incident_open" is the X axis. For that, no problem, because is a simple SUM.

For example, in this table. I have SUM(value) = 11 for the 27/4 week_report distributed by "week_incident_open".

001.jpg

When I select into week_report = 27/4

Axis X= week_incident_open

Value= SUM(value)

002.jpg

But into a same chart, I need show the value about the last week.

For example, in this case, the last week is 20/4 and I have SUM(value) = 7  distributed by "week_incident_open".

003.jpg

So, I need show the data into a same chart. One bar for the current week and one for the previous week.

I was able to do it to a measure, but it doesn't apply to the graph. I think the problem there is the "week_incident_open" field.

😕

004.jpg

The measure does not distribute the values ​​across the "week_incident_open" field.

Measure 

med_value_lastwwek =
VAR LastWeekNumber = WEEKNUM(SELECTEDVALUE(TB_SERVICE_SNAPSHOT[week_report])) - 1
RETURN
CALCULATE(SUM(TB_SERVICE_SNAPSHOT[value]);FILTER(ALL(TB_SERVICE_SNAPSHOT);WEEKNUM(TB_SERVICE_SNAPSHOT[week_report]) = LastWeekNumber))

I hope you understand and can help me.

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@gabrielvigo , Refer to my blog on week . I have used week rank to deal with it

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Week-Is-Not-So-Weak-WTD-Last-WTD-and-This-Week-vs-La...

This Week = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]=max('Date'[Week Rank])))
Last Week = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]=max('Date'[Week Rank])-1))

Refer this webinar on same : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/PowerBI-Time-Intelligence-Calendar-WTD-Y...

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

The All() in your measure is also removing the filter on week_incident_open.  Try this variation:

med_value_lastwwek =
VAR LastWeekNumber = WEEKNUM(SELECTEDVALUE(TB_SERVICE_SNAPSHOT[week_report])) - 1
RETURN
CALCULATE(SUM(TB_SERVICE_SNAPSHOT[value]); FILTER(ALLEXCEP(TB_SERVICE_SNAPSHOT, TB_SERVICE_SNAPSHOT[week_incident_open]);WEEKNUM(TB_SERVICE_SNAPSHOT[week_report]) = LastWeekNumber))

You had attached an image of the data, so I couldn't copy/paste into PBI to easily try it out.  Please let me know if it doesn't work or if any questions.  If it does, please mark it as solution.
Regards,
Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Hi!

As a measure, the total is fine.

But inside the chart it only shows me the field on day (week_incident_open) that are the same I think.

The current and the last week I had incidents on 30/03. And only on that day it shows me values ​​(3).

I need that show me all of the last week too.

005.jpg

Do you think it can?

In this case, less may be more.  Please try this one.  If not, please paste the values from your image so I can try it out directly.

med_value_lastwwek =
VAR LastWeekDate = SELECTEDVALUE(TB_SERVICE_SNAPSHOT[week_report])-7
RETURN
CALCULATE(SUM(TB_SERVICE_SNAPSHOT[value]);TB_SERVICE_SNAPSHOT[week_report] = LastWeekDate)

This way, you are only replacing the filter on [week_report].

Regards,
Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

That measure didn't work for me.
I copy a table with the sample data.

week_reportweek_incident_openvalue
6/4/202023/12/20194
6/4/202010/2/20201
6/4/20209/3/20201
6/4/202030/3/20202
13/4/20203/2/20201
13/4/20209/3/20201
13/4/202030/3/20201
13/4/20206/4/20202
20/4/20203/2/20201
20/4/20209/3/20201
20/4/202030/3/20203
20/4/202013/4/20201
20/4/202020/4/20202
27/4/20209/3/20201
27/4/202030/3/20201
27/4/202027/4/20209

I copy a table with the sample data. I hope you can help me. 🙂

Thanks for providing data.  This turned out to be trickier than I expected.  The reason it didn't work before was that the slicer on Report Week was acting on the visual (x-axis) even though we were using All() to remove it for the measures.  To get around this, I added a DAX table called ReportDates = VALUES(tb_service_snapshot[week_report]) and made a slicer from that column.  I then made two new measures using the TREATAS() function to pass the filter from that new slicer to the measures.  One measure calculates for the selected report week and the other for the previous. 

This Report Week = var selectedreportweek = values(ReportDates[week_report])
var result = CALCULATE([sum measure], TREATAS(selectedreportweek, tb_service_snapshot[week_report]))
return if(result =0, BLANK(), result)

Last Report Week = var selectedreportweek = DATEADD(values(ReportDates[week_report]),-7,DAY)
var result = CALCULATE([sum measure], TREATAS(selectedreportweek, tb_service_snapshot[week_report]))
return if(result =0, BLANK(), result)

Please let me know if you want the pbix file.

If this is it, please mark as complete.  Kudos also appreciated.

Regards,

Pat

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.