Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bdehning
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Server connected Table in Power Query

I have a table I connected to on a server to bring in one Column.  I merge in another column to be used by that table.   

The connected table now has two columns but how can I easily edit row entries in the column I introduced?

I can not use edit and replace as I have some entries are used multiple times in the column I introduced.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @bdehning ,
If you cannot use replace for all your valued then you must have some kind of logic to only replace some of the values.  How do you know which ones? Is it based on the first column? If so you can create a conditional column in Power Query - go to the Column tab - conditional column and build your new column.  Use this third column that you build instead of the second column.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bdehning
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I made a mistake in selecting the correct column originally.  All is good,.  

bdehning
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I created the 3rd column and called it editable, but how do I chsnge any of the rows in Editable?

Hi @bdehning ,

Can you provide us with a quick example of what your table looks like? So in the picture below, I have two columns.  My second column as yes or no.  I only want to change some of the values to maybe.  Not all of them. Is this what you are trying to do. If so, you can set up a conditional column as I show, and set the conditions to (in this case) change some values to maybe.
Is that what you are trying to do?

Nathaniel_C_0-1673734281278.png

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @bdehning ,
If you cannot use replace for all your valued then you must have some kind of logic to only replace some of the values.  How do you know which ones? Is it based on the first column? If so you can create a conditional column in Power Query - go to the Column tab - conditional column and build your new column.  Use this third column that you build instead of the second column.

Nathaniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.