Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seperate Legend from a chart and display it somewhere else

I want to remove the legend from the graph and diaplay it in a seperate text box or on the side outside the chart area. Not sure if this can be done iN Power BI.

9 REPLIES 9
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sure you can. There is an example towards the bottom of this thread. Even though the rank legend is placed within the visual, it is in fact an seperate visual which can be placed wherever.  Is that what you need?https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Filtering-a-value-in-a-slicer-and-coloring-it-by-different-... 

8FA93A89-7637-47E5-ACBF-C35E97DFD039.jpeg

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous , you can create a measure for each individual legend element and insert it into a "Card" visual, where you can set your color,... . Or, you can use the same measures created to put them into a "Multi line card" but you cannot color them individually.

measuresmeasuresmulti cardmulti card

v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

No, the legend can not be splited from graph.

However, It supports custom adjustment of colors. Go format -> Data color

vchenwuzmsft_0-1651557757880.png

Also, the position of legned supports to be changed.

vchenwuzmsft_1-1651557826901.png

And, if you want to rename it, you can use New group to group them by new name.

vchenwuzmsft_2-1651557989866.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous No idea what you are talking about? Share some screenshots to understand it further.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k is it possible for us to talk regarding this? If yes let me know which is the convenient way for you.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous whatever column you are using on Legend just put that column in the Table visual.

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make effort to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k using multiple columns its a line and stacked chart. And few columns are aggregation the table visuals will count or sum them. I just want the names then I can add seperate color on the side

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you can turn off the legend on the format pane, and use a table visual to show the legend but it will simple list of values, not tagged with the color.

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make effort to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @parry2k can you advise me how to use a table visual to display the legends values

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.