Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dexter2424
Helper I
Helper I

Send email with attachment of a specific table when alert triggered

Hi, 

I haven't found anything useful, so I write here with my question.

I would like to send out an automated email when an alert is triggered. (I have done this with flow and PowerBI alerts), but I wanna show not just the number of exceptions, but a specific table from powerBI where I can see the details of the exceptions. At the moment the email contain only the number of a tile, but I would like to attach a file with the detailed data or a list with the detailed data. 

I have tried many things, but no success. I have Pro users, if it helps

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
andrescorreaco

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dexter2424 ,

Current power bi not support to do customize on already email.And you could read the article,it tells how to integrate Power BI data alerts with Power Automate.

vluwangmsft_0-1627525561852.png

With it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

Thanks, but as I mentioned above, I've done with this part, but I don't wanna show only Tile and Threshol values, but whole tables from the report. or an exported attachment from the report. I can do it with a Power Automate button click in the report, but the aim is to avoid button click, and start the flow with data export when an alert triggered. I don't know why it'a not possible and why Power Automate is the name of the app, because it wants manual intervention with button click, so it's Power semi-Automate. 

Go to flow.microsoft.com and specify your trigger there.

Philosophical note: there is no such thing as event triggers in Power Automate. Behind the scenes everything is done via polling.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Nowadays you do this with a PowerAutomate visual and a flow that runs a XMLA query against your dataset and then formats it into the email body. You can even steal the query from the Power BI visual via the performance analyzer, to make sure the same data is in the email.

Thanks for the reply, but I wants to know that how. Because I haven't found any guide what is navigate me through this process one by one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.