Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pawan78

Selecting Date basis date selected from Slicer

Hi 

Want to create a calculated column which compares a date field "Due for Sales" with another Date Field "B" and returns the value (Not Due/Overdue) basis A<B .

I also want user to provide value to date field B. User can do basis selecting the date from slicer on field B

Please guide how to do the same ?

Am able to compare the Due for Sales with Today date  as below 

Z_Overdue Date = if(A[Due for Sales]<[Today],"Due","Not Due")

But want to create [Today] as dynamic date value basis selection from slicer (Date Field "B")
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bijen_Shah
Regular Visitor

Hi @pawan78 

1. To create a dynamic date value filter you must create a calendar table which has the relevant dates to be filtered.

With this dynamic approach creating a static calculated column wouldn't be ideal.

2. Create measures similar to the below thread which will give you a dynamic due sales sum for different selections.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/sum-of-amounts-from-start-date-to-selected-date/td...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos!! Happy to Help!@pawan78 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pawan78

Thanks a lot Bijen 

This is helpful , also the issue is that i need to create a chart basis the data (# Deals basis Due / Overdue date) , but if i create a measure , i am unable to create the chart  as below. (here Z_Overdue Date is Column)

Can you guide on same as well 

pawan78_0-1708339620100.png

Hi @pawan78 ,

I think you can use measures in bar charts with Column Date on X Axis and Measure Values on Y Axis.

If you can share the specific issue you face on the chart or a pbix file would be easier to help you better.

Appreciate your Kudos!! Happy to Help!

Bijen_Shah
Regular Visitor

Hi @pawan78 

1. To create a dynamic date value filter you must create a calendar table which has the relevant dates to be filtered.

With this dynamic approach creating a static calculated column wouldn't be ideal.

2. Create measures similar to the below thread which will give you a dynamic due sales sum for different selections.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/sum-of-amounts-from-start-date-to-selected-date/td...

Appreciate your Kudos!! Happy to Help!@pawan78 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.