Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jacinto
Frequent Visitor

Select measure based on report setting

Hi all,

Basically what the title says, the measure I want to use in the report depends on settings the user filter on the home page. I have two measures Spend and Indirect, however, in some cases some users might want spend as total spend which is sum of Spend and Indirect. Now whether to include indirect in spend calculation depends on the settings. Here is how a approached it. 

Created a table (Selector Table) with spendType column of values  Total spend and Spend. I put one page as a setting page where users select which type of spend they want. 

Here is the measure I have.

spend=Switch(FIRSTNONBLANK('Selector Table'[SpendType],1),

"Total spend", [Spend]+ [Indirect],
"Spend", [Spend])

I put spend as measures on all visuals in all pages. What I want is now spend could be different values based on the selection. However, this selection works only on the setting page, not on any other page. On other pages it shows spend as  [Spend]+ [Indirect] no matter the selection is. What am I doing wrong here? Is there any better way of implementing this. Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jacinto , This table slicer, should be present of all pages and should be in sync or should be a page level filter

It should on page level filter and must be selected at each page? What I want is users to select that in the setting page. I have report setting page where I put the options in slicer. Now I want selection of that slicer to apply for the entire report

Hi @jacinto 

you can try this Sync slicers, then you don't need to select the slicer each page by using this function,

vxiaotang_0-1632992629289.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers#sync-and-use-slicer...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.