Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

purralburu
Advocate I
Advocate I

Select default value on a slicer

Hello Everyone.

We're trying to find a way to do something that apparently seems easy, but the truth is that we are not being able to solve it.

The main goal is to have a Slicer of months, which, everytime the report is opened, the value is fixed in the current month, meaning the most recent month with data available (as seen in the image).

purralburu_1-1662539299719.png

We need to see it this way, since we can allow the user to select any other month (having the other months available in the Slicer as well).

We've come across several options and the most repetitive one we found is the one to create a "CurrentMonth" column in Text format, and in the Slicer the CurrentMonth Value remains within the list of months and not the value of the month.

And another option is to use the TimeLine Slicer, which is not possible since the client don't want it.

Is there any other way to do this, any suggestions, or is not possible to do at all?

Thank you all in advance.

Greetings.

2 REPLIES 2
purralburu
Advocate I
Advocate I

Here is the original idea: Microsoft Idea (powerbi.com)

Give your votes!! 😉

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@purralburu , As of now default value and timeline slicer are the only options. 

You can log an idea https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors