Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

MEFOX
Helper III
Helper III

Seeing the query data behind the filters

I have a visual that is displaying a count greater than I'm expecting the value to be. The value is based on a join between several queries in the report. The queires do not have any SQl behind them. The queries are a straight pull from the database tables. Is there a method in PBI desktop that I can see all the joined query data before the report Filters narrow the results? I'm using Import mode.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

You can use the Performance Analyzer to capture the DAX queries behind the calculations.

See here too: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/introducing-the-power-bi-performance-analyzer/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

You can use the Performance Analyzer to capture the DAX queries behind the calculations.

See here too: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/introducing-the-power-bi-performance-analyzer/

I'm restating my question to see if I can make it clearer. The developer of the PBI reports did not build any SQL queries in the reports. Instead he created numerous relationships between SQL tables. He then used report filters in an attempt to get down to the results he needed in the reports. The problem I'm discovering is that some of the numbers displayed in the report are incorrect. Becasue I can't extract the data behind the filters I don't know what the data is before the filters were applied. Is there a method to extract the data from the results created by the manage relationships? 

Capture the DAX queries and remove the filters applied in the query to get an unfiltered version of the query.

How do I capture the DAX queries?

That's explained in the linked articles in my first reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.