Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

See records is not an option when a measure is used for a matrix

Hi,

I have a matrix that I added a measure for a variance %. This seems to work, but once that measure is added onto the matrix, i loose the ability to "see records" when right clicking on one of the values (not a measure value). See below for pictures of an example.

Before MeasureBefore MeasureAfter MeasureAfter Measure

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'd like to suggest you to take a look at official document. Actually, it is a known limitation of see records feature.

Use See Data and See Records in Power BI Desktop

See Records has the following limitations:

• You can't change the data in the See Records view and save it back to the report.
  • You can't use See Records when your visual uses a calculated measure.
  • You can't use See Records when you are connected to a live multidimensional (MD) model.

Maybe you can submit an idea for add support to use this feature on measures.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'd like to suggest you to take a look at official document. Actually, it is a known limitation of see records feature.

Use See Data and See Records in Power BI Desktop

See Records has the following limitations:

• You can't change the data in the See Records view and save it back to the report.
  • You can't use See Records when your visual uses a calculated measure.
  • You can't use See Records when you are connected to a live multidimensional (MD) model.

Maybe you can submit an idea for add support to use this feature on measures.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Being unable to use the "See records" feature on visulaizations with a measure means I have to cancel our evaluation of Power BI for now and revert back to using SSRS, which is a shame as I really enjoyed Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.