Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

natabird3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Search filter by entering text and select all afterwards - Possible?

Is it possbile to somehow add the select all once you filter for a particular text in the search option of filters:

example

1.JPG

I want to select now all /ent but there doesn't seems to be a way, any advice? 

Thanks in advance. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @natabird3 ,

By my test, you could achieve your requirement by the steps below.

1. Create the list slicer and turn on the "Select all " option under formatting.

2. Click Select all under the list and enter your search text in the search bar then you could get your expected ouptut.

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Cherry, that did work but not really. Because if i select all and then search the select all is still applied on the remaining of the data (meaning is not filtering for what i am searching). So in the end i dont think the proposed solution worked sorry. Do you have any other advice? 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Aditya_Shukla

This is the only solution currently. Thanks. This helps me a big time.

LoreGaggio
Advocate I
Advocate I

Any news on this thread? Still in 2022 i don´t see an option to Select All after searching on a slicer.

@LoreGaggio -

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything.

As far as I know, the situation remains unchanged.

Hi, Is there any update on this? Has MS included any new feature that I am missing out on? Please confirm.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @natabird3 ,

By my test, you could achieve your requirement by the steps below.

1. Create the list slicer and turn on the "Select all " option under formatting.

2. Click Select all under the list and enter your search text in the search bar then you could get your expected ouptut.

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This does not work

Hello,

I still don't see a way to "Select All" the filtered values on a searched slicer.

1) If follow the "solution" in this thread, it doesn't work (without creating a second separate slicer).

- First,"Select All" in the slicer

- Second, use the "Search" function in the slicer to search for a substring.

RESULT: All KPI's & visuals remain unchanged.  Screenshot 1 shows KPI Value 1, Value 2 & Map item unchanged by slicer.

2) Notice that if an entirely different slicer is created for "State" (or another Search slicer), and value "TX" is selected, the KPI's & visuals immediately change.  (Screenshot 2). (However, it should not be necessary to create a second slicer in this situation.  It should be possible to select only the filtered list of slicer values within the searched slicer.)

Does anyone know if & when Microsoft plans to include this very basic BI slicer funcationality?

Thank you,

Nathan

WinterMist_0-1639174484868.png

WinterMist_1-1639175438387.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue as @natabird3.

Doing this shows me the results, but then doesn't filter the rest of the page, so I still need to go through and hold down CTRL selecting each one....

Cherry, that did work but not really. Because if i select all and then search the select all is still applied on the remaining of the data (meaning is not filtering for what i am searching). So in the end i dont think the proposed solution worked sorry. Do you have any other advice? 

Thank you Cherry. I didnt realize that selecting all will work, as initilaly i was searching and then trying to select all however then the option was becoming not available. Thanks for the help now i can select all first and then search which works perfectly. 

Hi Natabird,

Did u get the solution. If Yes, Please let me know the solution.

natabird3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Unfortunately the only way is to select them one by one for the time being, select all doesnt work as suggested in the post.

This works lie a charm..Thihs actually help filter text and select based on their presence in the values

Thank you very much, it worked

What worked? The "select all" and then "search" solution? This is not working for me. Please advise if you have additional insight on how to get this to work?

This worked!!! thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.