Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

danielacroberts

Scorecards: to track OKRs

Has anyone had success tracking company-level OKRs and business-unit level OKRs?

I'm piloting the PowerBi Metrics Scroecards app to track OKRs on a quarterly basis and updating weekly, but I'm finding it to be extremenly unreadable and clunky. I would love to hear how people have had success using it. So far, it's generally frustrating and we will likely try to find aother tool.  If people have thoughts on other tools, I'm also all ears to it!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielacroberts ,

You can follow the steps below to track OKRs in Power BI:

1. Open Power BI Desktop and create a new report.

2. In the Fields pane, select the table that contains the data you want to use for your Scorecard.

3. Drag and drop the fields you want to use for your Scorecard onto the canvas.

4. From the Visualizations pane, select the Scorecard visual.

5. Drag and drop the fields you want to use for your Scorecard onto the Values field well.

6. In the Format pane, you can customize the appearance of your Scorecard by changing the font, color, and other settings.

7. To track OKRs, you can use the KPI feature in Power BI. To create a KPI, you need to define a target value, an actual value, and a status indicator. You can then use the KPI in your Scorecard to track progress towards your OKRs.

In addition, you can review the following links for more details.

Create scorecards and manual metrics - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Monitor Performance of your business using Power BI Goals (alphabold.com)

Power BI Goals for OKR. OKRs are here. You might already know… | by Anand Vijayaragavan | Medium

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Rena, 

My concern is that the data I want to use for my scorecard is not a dataset that I have on my BI Desktop. My company is tracking OKRs int eh PowerBI Metrics Scorecards for each business unit (e.g. Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Product Development, Product, Business Operations). Each one of them owns their own OKRs. If I use the PowerBI Desktop, then it is only the data that lives on my desktop and doesn't contain the data/reports the other business units have. 

How do I ensure that all of the leads of each business unit can see all the data dashboards for each business unit in a dashboard while they also track their own scorecards?

I manage all of the leadership OKR process. Each week leadership meets and reads out their weekly progress on their OKRs. We pull up the PowerBI scorecard for each business unit and they share their progress and input their current value and a check-in note/comments. What I want to do next is to create a dashboard for better visualizing the OKR progress across all business units because the BI Scorecards UI is not very readable and it is quite clunky. We aren't able to get a nice holistic view of progress. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.