Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sanskruti
Helper II
Helper II

Scheduling in Power BI.

Hello,

Is there any way that in a power bi report i can schedule it export data in excel and email it. 

I don't want to use power automate. It should be done in power bi itself. 

Thank you in advance. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Sanskruti ,

unfortunately, Power BI currently doesn't have this capability to do what you mentioned.

You can submit it as an idea for future features in the following link https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote For my Idea💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Bobp
Frequent Visitor

Create the report as a Paginated Report published to the workspace and then add it to a Power BI App for the end users.

From within the Power BI App, select the Paginated Report then use the 'Subscribe to report' to schedule a daily email to a set of users. (You must select the paginated report here first). 

Bobp_2-1692206835995.png

When you set up the subscription, just select 'Attach full report' as Excel. There are other choices as well like PDF, or CSV ... etc.

Then, under 'More options' you can add an email subject and a short message. You can also include a link to the report and / or preview picture.

Depending on if you are using Pro or Premium you may have to add each email address separately. With Pro each person must have a valid Power BI License to receive the email.

Bobp_3-1692207201865.png

Hope this helps 

Bob

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Bobp
Frequent Visitor

Create the report as a Paginated Report published to the workspace and then add it to a Power BI App for the end users.

From within the Power BI App, select the Paginated Report then use the 'Subscribe to report' to schedule a daily email to a set of users. (You must select the paginated report here first). 

Bobp_2-1692206835995.png

When you set up the subscription, just select 'Attach full report' as Excel. There are other choices as well like PDF, or CSV ... etc.

Then, under 'More options' you can add an email subject and a short message. You can also include a link to the report and / or preview picture.

Depending on if you are using Pro or Premium you may have to add each email address separately. With Pro each person must have a valid Power BI License to receive the email.

Bobp_3-1692207201865.png

Hope this helps 

Bob

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Sanskruti ,

unfortunately, Power BI currently doesn't have this capability to do what you mentioned.

You can submit it as an idea for future features in the following link https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote For my Idea💡

Is there any option for exporting the file in excel? In the way of data or the visuals.

Hello @Sanskruti ,

also no, you can export it as PDF if you want.

check this link https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/end-user-pdf?tabs=powerbi-service

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote For my Idea💡

Can i then schedule that by using power automate?

Hello @Sanskruti ,

You can do that if you want https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-automate-power-bi-report-export

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote For my Idea💡

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.