Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

romovaro
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Same country and Same Go Live date count as 1

HI

I have an issue regarding counting projects as described below:

if Different projects from the same customer have SAME Country and Go Live Date, should count as 1

romovaro_0-1706694783326.png

In the table above, I have Pelayo with 4 projects in March fro Spain (customer D) and one project for Spain in March (Customer E)

Total 2 projects. I get the correct information in the rows but total calculation shows 3 instead of 4 due to the distinccount formula removing the duplicated. Any idea how to show the total 4 in power BI ? 

In powerBI i Have the same issue. Because is the same customer (even with diff customers) it removes the duplicate in the total showing only 1 project instead of 2.

romovaro_1-1706695081299.png

Any help would be welcome

thanks

the idea would to create a formula applying Same country and same GLD

2 REPLIES 2
romovaro
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

hi Kishore_KVN,

What do you mean about creating a Key Column combing all columns?

Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Hello @romovaro , By combining all the required columns first you create a key column and use that column in the calculation. Dont just drag and drop values into the MATRIX visual. Write a measure as belows:

Final Value = CALCULATE(SUM('TABLE'[VALUES]),ALLEXCEPT('TABLE','TABLE'[KEY COLUMN])

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly. Thank You!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.