Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

pm_barnardos
Frequent Visitor

Response Rate

Hey there,

I'm very new to Power BI, so I'm sure this is simple however I can't work it out. I need to make a simple response rate calculation column whereby I'm dividing the count of donors by the number solicited for each segment and display as a %, any help appreciated, thanks!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah shoot, sorry. Force of habit! (I use variations of the formula I gave you a lot). Just remove the -1

Response Rate = DIVIDE(COUNTA(Spring18[Donors]),AVERAGE(Spring18[Number Solicited]),0)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the Count of Donors and Number Solicited fields measures or columns?

Try adding the below measure if measures:
=DIVIDE([Count of Donors],[Number Solicited),0)-1

If columns
=DIVIDE(SUM(Count of Donors),SUM(Number Solicited),0)-1

Thanks for the reply, I think they columns - the count of donors is a count function and number solicited not summarized. 

I get this error using the measure formula:

The following syntax error occurred during parsing: Invalid token, Line 1, Offset 26, [Number Solicited),0)-1)).

And this error using the columns formula:

The syntax for 'of' is incorrect. (DAX(DIVIDE(SUM(Count of Donors),SUM(Number Solicited),0)-1)).

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a little confused. Can you send a screenshot of the table(s) where the two columns are?

No problem, here you go:

screenshot.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update the Number Solicited column to a whole number and create the below measure:

Response Rate = DIVIDE(COUNTA(Spring18[Donors]),AVERAGE(Spring18[Number Solicited]),0)-1

Thanks for you help with this! The formula gives a result, although it still doesn't look right - see below. 

Screenshot2.docx.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah shoot, sorry. Force of habit! (I use variations of the formula I gave you a lot). Just remove the -1

Response Rate = DIVIDE(COUNTA(Spring18[Donors]),AVERAGE(Spring18[Number Solicited]),0)

hello, may I know why you used average?

That works! Thank you so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.