Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report builder date range parameter

I am trying to create a paramater date range in Report builder and i keep getting this error (Query (1, 90) DAX comparison operations do not support comparing values of type Date with values of type Text. Consider using the VALUE or FORMAT function to convert one of the values.) the column shows its a date / time   when i open the dataset in power BI and even in the database that column shows its date however when i try to use it a parameter date range i get an error . Does anyone have any idea of how to resolve this in report builder?

8 REPLIES 8
heba__abdelshaf
Regular Visitor

Hi,
use this video 
Power BI Paginated Reports GOTCHAS! - Part 6 - Date Parameters - Bing video 
will help you to know how to do this.

theonexcent
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Kind of late but this worked for me:

=Format(Parameters!YourParameter.value,"yyyy-MM-dd")

I had this problem when tyring to use a field from a DB2 database that was only date and not datetime and again recently when using a Power BI dataset connection as my datasource. What you want to do is use the above formula in the "Parameter Value" field of your desired dataset. Just replace "YourParameter" with the parameter you want to use.  I attached a visual below. Hopefully this helps you out.  @gpiauilino Hopefully this helps you out too.

theonexcent_0-1680296541885.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , refer if this can help

Create a date range parameter with Power BI Paginated Reports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79MjJZoIZg

Anonymous
Not applicable

This does not address my issue unfortunately

I am also facing this problem for a few days.
I can't set my date range to DateTime, and I haven't found a solution yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you found  a solution for this issue?

Hello jokimwele76

Unfortunately not yet, our team gave up on the project because of this issue. 😞

I have follwed all vedios and google, and it do not work.... The issues is that the dax is hard to understand. The calender date is a date format, but when passing in query it is asking for a text. Vedio all takes the date as date formate but the query is still asking for a text...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.