Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

learner03
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Replace "Blank" with 0 on card visual

I have these below measures in card visuals. When there is nothing then is shows BLANK, I need 0 instead of BLANK-

1) 

Current Closed Orders = var test=VALUE(FORMAT(NOW()+((1/24)*10),"D/MM/YYYY"))
Return
CALCULATE (
COUNT( 'Packing Jobs'[JobID] ),
FILTER ( ALLSELECTED('Packing Jobs'), [Job Close Time(Date format)] =test )
)

2) 
Closed in < 48 Hrs = var test=VALUE(FORMAT(NOW()+((1/24)*10),"D/MM/YYYY"))
Return
CALCULATE (
COUNTAX('Packing Jobs',if('Packing Jobs'[Time_Taken(Hrs.)] <= 48, COUNT('Packing Jobs'[JobID]))),
)
3)
Current % 48 Hrs = var test=VALUE(FORMAT(NOW()+((1/24)*10),"D/MM/YYYY"))
Return
CALCULATE (
COUNTAX('Packing Jobs',if('Packing Jobs'[Time_Taken(Hrs.)] <= 48, COUNT('Packing Jobs'[JobID]))),
)/
CALCULATE (
)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @learner03 ,

You may add +0 at the end of your formula.

This may give you the desired results.

Cheers!

Vivek

View solution in original post

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @learner03,

One of the ways I like to get around this is by using an IF ( ISBLANK ( .... ) , 0 , ( .... ) ) or IF ( (....) = 0 , 0 , ....  For example:

IF ( 

CALCULATE (

FILTER ( ALLSELECTED('Packing Jobs'), [Job Close Time(Date format)] =test ) ) = 0 , 0 ,

CALCULATE (

FILTER ( ALLSELECTED('Packing Jobs'), [Job Close Time(Date format)] =test ) ) )

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @learner03,

One of the ways I like to get around this is by using an IF ( ISBLANK ( .... ) , 0 , ( .... ) ) or IF ( (....) = 0 , 0 , ....  For example:

IF ( 

CALCULATE (

FILTER ( ALLSELECTED('Packing Jobs'), [Job Close Time(Date format)] =test ) ) = 0 , 0 ,

CALCULATE (

FILTER ( ALLSELECTED('Packing Jobs'), [Job Close Time(Date format)] =test ) ) )

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

@learner03 here is a great article from Radacad on this: https://radacad.com/replace-blank-with-zero-in-power-bi-visuals-such-as-card

@TheoC Thanks a lot

vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @learner03 ,

You may add +0 at the end of your formula.

This may give you the desired results.

Cheers!

Vivek

Instated of 0 I need to display the "?" mark. Can you assist for this

@SriLakshmi_46 you can add instead of using IF ( .... = 0 , 0 , .....) you will need to swap the middle 0 with IF ( .... = 0 , "?" , .... ).   However, you can only do this where the column itself is text based and not a Whole Number or Decimal.  Reasonbeing, Text (i.e. "?") is not a numeral and cannot be used in value-based measures, etc.  Hope that makes sense?

Theo 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.