Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove filters from text column based on slicer selection

Hi All

Below table shows:

2019 COT - total Volume for 2019 but if 2023 is selected in the filter then YtD 2019
COT (Period Covered) - Sum of Volume for years selected in a filter.

I face an issue when 2023 is selected in a filter that sum of 2019 COT is not equal sum of all rows shown in a table. It is because rows which have data for 2019 and don't have for 2023 are not shown in a table but are included in a total.

Does anyboady know how to show all rows in a table when 2023 is selected in the filter?

Thanks in advance!!

Newuser13_0-1678104496705.png

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Not very clear, but you can use the option on the right click of group bys of visual - Show Item with no data

Show item with No data new.pngShowItemwithoutdata.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @amitchandak  but it didn't help.

2019 COT = CALCULATE([COT (Period Covered)], 'Weekly COT_Database'[Year] = 2019, DATESYTD(Date_Lookup[End of Week Date]))

COT (Period Covered) = calculate(SUM('Weekly COT_Database'[Volume]), DATESYTD(Date_Lookup[End of Week Date]))

These are the measures I use. First measure should always show Volume for 2019. The second measure should show Volume for a period selected in a slicer. When I select 2023 in a slicer the first measure total is correct but the sum of all rows shown in a table is not matching total. It is becuse some rows have data for 2019 but don't have for 2023.
Hope now it is more clear.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.