Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Remove duplicate values

I am expanding rows in a table to the right. So, what was:

Markzolotoy_0-1615668541366.png

became:

Markzolotoy_2-1615668595463.png

How can I still show a single value in my report?

Thanks

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

It depends on your data. You could use the menu "remove duplicates". Whether that is the best option depends on your data. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

I found the menu option. Not sure it would work for me. I have other rows that might have same values.

Yeah, like I said, it depends your data. There is defintely a way you can do what you want to do, but it may not be the way you are currently thinking about the problem. It's impossible to know unless you share more information.

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

I recommend you read this post https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1448183#M6073... 

5 REPLIES 5

It depends on your data. You could use the menu "remove duplicates". Whether that is the best option depends on your data. 

I found the menu option. Not sure it would work for me. I have other rows that might have same values.

Yeah, like I said, it depends your data. There is defintely a way you can do what you want to do, but it may not be the way you are currently thinking about the problem. It's impossible to know unless you share more information.

Here is abit more of data:

Markzolotoy_0-1615671651940.png

I want to show totals in the report. It should be:

Servers 9

Services 42

Please tell me know if more detail is needed. 

I recommend you read this post https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1448183#M6073... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.