Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

d_rohlfs
Helper I
Helper I

Remove Total Value for DAX Measure Without HasOneValue

Hey there Power BI Community,

I want to remove the totals for a DAX measure on a normal table in Power BI. Looking around all I could find is an equation that uses the HasOneValue function in it. This DOES NOT work for me. The measure that I am using is meant to have more than one value inside of it normally. Here is that measure:

Down Time Reason =
CONCATENATEX(
    SUMMARIZE('Down Time Codes Totals Phase 2', 'Down Time Codes Totals Phase 2'[SKU], 'Down Time Codes Totals Phase 2'[Custom]),
    'Down Time Codes Totals Phase 2'[Custom],
    ", "
)
The requirements for this table are that this field must be summarized, so I cannot alter this original measure. When this field is inside of the table it creates a long list of reasons/values on the totals line. 
d_rohlfs_0-1709746056069.png

So, is there a way to get rid of the total value for a measure that has more than one value? (Reminder: I cannot use HasOneValue)

Thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_rohlfs
Helper I
Helper I

I finally found a solution to this!

I wanted to make sure that I posted this in case nyone has the same problem in the future. The solution came from this link (Thanks to the Excel Club!): 

Learn How to Fix Totals and Subtotals in DAX (theexcelclub.com)

Here is what my final equation came out to. It uses the HasOneFilter Dax function. I have never used this one before, but it works great with this problem. 

d_rohlfs_1-1710249167269.png

I hope that this solution can help someone else in the future as well!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
d_rohlfs
Helper I
Helper I

I finally found a solution to this!

I wanted to make sure that I posted this in case nyone has the same problem in the future. The solution came from this link (Thanks to the Excel Club!): 

Learn How to Fix Totals and Subtotals in DAX (theexcelclub.com)

Here is what my final equation came out to. It uses the HasOneFilter Dax function. I have never used this one before, but it works great with this problem. 

d_rohlfs_1-1710249167269.png

I hope that this solution can help someone else in the future as well!

d_rohlfs
Helper I
Helper I

Hey Power BI Community, 

I am still looking for a solution to this problem. I am wondering if there is a way to format the font size for the total line values on a single column at a time? This could be a good work-around to my original problem. 

Thanks,
David

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @d_rohlfs ,

try is inscope dax function https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tdufLz7_0U

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Using this function seems like I need to change my original DAX measure, unfortunately this is not an option for me. I can place more functions around the DAX equation, but there are a lot of nuances that were required to get the equation to work properly so changing it is not an option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.