Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StuartSmith
Power Participant
Power Participant

Remove Duplicate Rows based on Condition

I have a table with some almost identical rows apart from one row has a "Call Status" of "Call Received" or "Missed Call".  How can I remove any duplicate rows that have both these values and only keep the "Missed Call" row?

StuartSmith_1-1685531444647.png

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I should add, this table is a "Combine" of 2 other tables.

11 REPLIES 11
DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

Hi,

could you not add something simple like a filter to the page/visual on call status to only show "Missed Call"?

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Unfortuantely not, when a call is recevied, a Power App will record either 1 or 2 rows, the first row records the call and if the call is answered, thats it, no additional row, but if the call is not answered, it will record a 2nd almost identical row, but with the status of "missed call".  I only want to see 1 row per call, if a call was missed, I want to see that, but if there is no "Missed Call" row, just want to see the "Call Recevied" row.  Hope that makes sense.

Ah okay that makes sense, try this as a measure to create a flag:

Measure 3 =

var numofrecords = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Table (2)'),ALLEXCEPT('Table (2)','Table (2)'[Date],'Table (2)'[Time]))

var missedcall = CALCULATE(Max('Table (2)'[Call Status]))

return

if(numofrecords =1,1,IF(and(numofrecords = 2,missedcall = "Call Missed"), 1,0))

DOLEARY85_0-1685538253195.png

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Thanks, I will accept your solution shortly as that worked great.  That said, I have found an annomily with my data and normally would only expect either 1 "Call Received" or 1 "Call Received" & 1 "Call Missed", but I have notcied one entry with 1 "Call Received" and 2 "Call Missed".  

StuartSmith_3-1685634888803.png

So you current solution will show both rows as they are both "Missed Call" rows.  Is there a way juts to show one row if there are more than 1 "Missed Call" rows of the same date/time?

StuartSmith_2-1685634807061.png

Thanks in advance

I presume its a "Max" function, but cant figure out where to add it 🙂

I suspect you're right that it will include MAX or possibly RANKX, i haven't got time to look at it today but i'll see what i can do tomorrow. if you want to include both the missed calls for now change the part of the measure  "= 2" to ">= 2" otherwise as there are 3 rows it will mark them all as 0

I think the issue is going to be that both rows are identical, do you have a unique row number in the data anywhere? or could you add an index row in Power Query?

There is an ID coulmn pulled from the SP List, although can also add an index column from within BI if that helps.

Sorry about the delay, if you add an Index column in Power Query then try this:

Measure 3 =

var numofrecords = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Table (2)'),ALLEXCEPT('Table (2)','Table (2)'[Date],'Table (2)'[Time]))

var missedcall = CALCULATE(Max('Table (2)'[Call Status]))

return

if(numofrecords =1,1,IF(and(numofrecords = 2,missedcall = "Call Missed"), 1,IF(AND(numofrecords>=3,missedcall = "Call Missed" && MAX('Table (2)'[Index])),1,0)))

Thanks for getting back to me and you are helping me out, so happy to wait 🙂  I tried your code and the Max function doesnt seem to be picking up the "Max" index value.  I tried MaxA, Min, and none seem to work.  It seems to be marking them all as "1".

StuartSmith_0-1686044938869.png

That's odd, it seems to work with my tests. Are you able to share your PBIX file?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.