Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

smatesic
Helper I
Helper I

Relationship error

Hi everyone,

I have unexpected error in my power bi report. I have around 20 different tables (their sources are sp lists and documents library, I used SP Online List and OData as data sources in PBI) and all tables are connected. I checked all connections multiple times, everything is as it shoud be. 

When I build report, and use values from different tables everything is OK. My visual works. But if I select table visual, and on numeric fields set Don't summarize option I get Can't display visual, can't determine the relationship between the fields error. 

When I select Sum option, it works and shows data. 

I have 5 pages, all of them contain table visual with fields from multiple tables. I'm having this issue only on two of them. The interesting thing is - one table visual that is not colapsing and not showing the error contains same plus some more fields from tables that are used in table visual that is collapsing - in other words Table visal that has fields from tables let's say Phases, People, Project, Invoices, Resources is fine and table visual that has Phases, People and Project is showing the error.

I know it's hard to say anything without looking at data, but does someone has an idea why is this happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, it's table visual, it supports these actions.

Unfortunately, I can't show data model but I contacted SP group and apparantely it has something to do with the way lists and libraries are connected. It is in general relationship problem but in my power bi it manifested itself in showing the error when choosing don't summirize option in some tables for only couple of columns. 

I worked around these tables and columns and now my report is stable. 

It's maybe not a solution, but considering, I don't think it really is a power bi problem. 

Regards!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @smatesic,

Can you share us mode detail about your issue? It will be help for troubleshooting.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

It could be the visual selected only supports aggrgated data.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

No, it's table visual, it supports these actions.

Unfortunately, I can't show data model but I contacted SP group and apparantely it has something to do with the way lists and libraries are connected. It is in general relationship problem but in my power bi it manifested itself in showing the error when choosing don't summirize option in some tables for only couple of columns. 

I worked around these tables and columns and now my report is stable. 

It's maybe not a solution, but considering, I don't think it really is a power bi problem. 

Regards!

This does not seem to provide any solution to the problem.  Does anyone know of a solution to this problem which I will describe again.  

I have a numeric field in a Table visual that displays just fine when it is set to summarize by any of the summarization choices (Sum, Ave, Count etc), when I try and change the summarization on that field to "Don't Summarize" I get the error "Can't dispaly the visuals", details "Can't determine relationships between the fields"

Thx in advance for any help offered.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.