Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nbitabc
Helper I
Helper I

Related with Conditional Columns

We have recently implemented PowerBI in our organization and have been navigating around with DAX. Question is around RELATED function. 

In our scenario, there are two fact tables, say Sales Fact and Inventory Fact both joined to three conformed dimensions - Customer, Office Location, Region. 

Trying to create a conditional column in table view. Zone = IF Office Location = 'N/A' THEN Region ELSE Office Location. 

However, PowerBI is only allowing to create this column in either of the Fact tables. We want to have it in one of the Dimension tables so it can be used independently with either Fact table like any other Dimension attribute. 

Thanks for any assistance !

What is the best way to accomplish this? I know this can be done in Power Query but wanted to understand from DAX perspective.

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @nbitabc 

Not fully sure what is your question, can you elaborate a bit more, provide some screenshots to explain what you are trying to do.

If convenient, please share a simple example for testing.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.