Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

willpage
Helper II
Helper II

Refresh Window Display Issue

I have this weird problem with Power BI Desktop.

When I refresh the data sources, the popup box that shows you what's happening is kind of broken. The text is off to the left:

willpage_0-1669750338141.png

It's not really stopping me from working, but if there's an issue with the refresh it can be hard to see what the problem is.

I've just updated the app (new green version installed) and the issue still exists.

Is this a known issue with a known fix? I don't want to sink too much time on a minor problem - I have work to do - but it would be great if there was something I could do about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HughLa
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @willpage 

That is weird, has it always been like that?

I have seen these popout windows acting weird when users screen ratio (Scale and Layout) is not set to 100%. Maybe you can have a look at that.

Hugh

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Twhitt

See this excellant video to fix it:

https://youtu.be/ja_FMo6UHS0?si=AqD-n7pAk6Bpr6gW

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Good morning, it happens to me the same and I have the resolution at 100%.

A couple of months ago after updating to the February the same thing happened to me and I found a change in the registry creating a new key that solved it.

Now I'm looking for what key was to delete it in case that's the problem.

Greetings.

IG

willpage
Helper II
Helper II

@HughLa  ha ha genius! My display scaling was set to 115% and going back to 100% has sorted it.

HughLa
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @willpage 

That is weird, has it always been like that?

I have seen these popout windows acting weird when users screen ratio (Scale and Layout) is not set to 100%. Maybe you can have a look at that.

Hugh

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.