Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ozlemv
Frequent Visitor

Reflecting ranking with filter function

Hi,

I am trying to work out the customer rank based on a condition. The below is the sample dataset, which reflects CustomerID, CustomerIDRank (measure-based on total amounts), Total Actuals(measure- Sum of Actuals by Customer), Cumulative Total(measure), GrandTotal(measure-Sum of Actuals for all Customers)

I would like to show the ranking of company where the cumulative total is equal or higher than the 20% of grand total. Below is the formulation I wrote, but it's not working. 

TopCustomers = calculate(value(vDetailSalesCompData[CompanyID Rank ALL]) ,filter(vDetailSalesCompData,vDetailSalesCompData[CumulativeTotal]>=vDetailSalesCompData[20%GrandTotal]))

Thanks in advance,

sample.PNG

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ozlemv,

You should create a new table to show the the ranking. Please click 'New Table' under Modeling on home Page. Type the formula below and check it it returns expected result.

Selected Rank=SELECTCOLUMNS(Filter(vDetailSalesCompData,vDetailSalesCompData[CumulativeTotal]>=vDetailSalesCompData[20%GrandTotal]),"Rank",vDetailSalesCompData[CompanyID Rank ALL])

Please let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.