Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Pablos_007
Regular Visitor

RANKX Trying to Rank Turnover By Customer By Week -Calculated Column Help needed please..

My goal is to Rank Total Turnover By Customer By Week.

I have this as a calculated column:-

=RANKX(ALL(ASC_TBI_TBL[Customer]),CALCULATE([Total Turnover 2023],ALLEXCEPT(ASC_TBI_TBL,ASC_TBI_TBL[Customer])),,DESC)

My calculated column doesn't work quite as expected. If you select single week number (say week number 1) it doesnt give ranking results 1,2,3 etc.

It does work ok if all weeks are selected. Somehow I need to add a filter on week to see result for individual week.

In Table,  ASC_TBI_TBL,  I do have column named Week. Week contains numbers 1 to 52.

How can I add FILTER to my calculated column to give the desired output?

Thanks in advance,

Pablos

Pablos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pablos_007
Regular Visitor

Solution Found. 

First, I needed to create a 'unique' column I could rank on.

I created a column named Customer_Product that was the Customer and Product columns joined together. 

Next, created a measure named Rank Turnover By Customer By Product.

DAX 

=IF(HASONEVALUE(ASC_TBI_TBL[Week Number]),RANKX(ALL(ASC_TBI_TBL[Customer_Product]),[Total Turnover 2023],,DESC,Dense),BLANK())

Hope this helps others 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pablos_007
Regular Visitor

Solution Found. 

First, I needed to create a 'unique' column I could rank on.

I created a column named Customer_Product that was the Customer and Product columns joined together. 

Next, created a measure named Rank Turnover By Customer By Product.

DAX 

=IF(HASONEVALUE(ASC_TBI_TBL[Week Number]),RANKX(ALL(ASC_TBI_TBL[Customer_Product]),[Total Turnover 2023],,DESC,Dense),BLANK())

Hope this helps others 🙂

Padycosmos
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Padycosmos - thank you for reading my post and taking the time to reply. I will check out the videos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.