Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Query load stuck

Hi Folks,

I'm sourcing data from AAS cube and query is stuck for a long period, I have set command timeout to 2 hours still no luck. Any suggestions?

I'm not using DAX/MDX to query the cube but navigating thru the cube to fetch required columns.

vikrantarora25_0-1627975288487.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @vikrantarora25 ,

Do you choose "Import" or "Live Connection" mode to connect to the SSAS database in Power BI Desktop?

In order to improve the performance during connection, please turn off the following options in Options and Settings -> Data Load, and then refresh the data model:

vyangliumsft_0-1628145482305.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vikrantarora25 , more information is needed.

under option and setting -> option increase cache size and try

Thanks @amitchandak Let me try increasing cache size from 4096 MB to say 1.5 GB, and what additional details can i provide you.

@vikrantarora25 , when the first time saw the post there was no text or image, I can see now. The question is can it be a live connection (AAS)

Seem like you are importing

@amitchandak yes am importing and import usually from AAS cubes is seamless but 1st time  facing this issue. Should I wirte a DAX query to pull data from AAS cube, I believe that's more efficient than navigating the cube in PBIX, will that help or you suggest something else?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.