Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

yashwant101
Helper II
Helper II

Query Optimization

Hi all,

I have created  report where I have different time buckets and columns for fla on those time buckets. So when I am calculating the metric I am using below formula:

switch(true(),selectedvalue('Time Period'[time_period]="LTD", calculate(<formula>, [ltd_flg]=1),.....)

It is making my matrix visual very very slow. Please let me know of a way to optimize it.

Regards,

Yashwant

1 REPLY 1
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yashwant101 ,

You may try pre-create calculated columns or measures that don't rely on the context of the visual but are instead pre-computed as part of your model. 

And if possible, you can introduce variables to store intermediate results. This can make your formula more efficient by calculating values once and reusing them, rather than recalculating them multiple times.

VAR keyword (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Learn

Also try reviewing Data Model and Relationships. This includes reviewing table relationships, ensuring appropriate indexing, and reducing the unnecessary data loading for large datasets.

Optimization guide for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.