Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tony_jenkins
Helper II
Helper II

Properly removing context on my measure

Hello - 

So I've been struggling trying to get a measure to produce the output I'm looking for. The reason being the context on my filters is too narrow, and I'd like to broaden the data it's calculating. 

I have a table called "Matchup". Looks like this:

Matchup_idHome_id

Away_id

I've related it to a "Game" table using the Matchup_id. In the Game table, I break apart the home/away parts of the "Matchup" and give them unique records. Looks like this:

Game_idMatchup_idTeam_id

I then have a table for plays within the games called "Play". I relate the Play table to the Game table with the Game_id. Looks like this:

Play_idGame_idStatCount
11Run4
21Pass2
32Pass-3
42Pass4
53Run15
63Pass12
74Run1
84Run2

This makes it easy to go from Matchup to Play while dilineating by team through the Game table, so getting individual game statistics is simple. Where I'm running into issues is I'd like to build out some visuals to preview upcoming matchups. I want to compare teams in the Matchup by calculating season long statistics in the preview, however, I'm having trouble getting around the Matchup/Game context to get them. Basically if Michigan and Ohio State are the two teams in an upcoming matchup, I want to be able to see their past stats in other contexts like run/pass splits, several seasons, etc.

I'm using the Matchup as a slicer to get to Game, so I think it's a matter of removing that context entirely to get a broader look at the teams' stats historically.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tony_jenkins ,

Sorry, not very clear.

What does your expected results look like? Can you also give the corresponding results in the form of a table based on your sample data above?

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.