Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBiNovice99
Regular Visitor

Problem with visual filter on multiple tables

I have a report that has three different data tables.

Within the main table there are individual transactions that all have a category A and B. Multiples transactions for each category.

I have two secondary tables that additional information on category A and B and again multiple records for each category.

I have created two additional tables that give me unique values for all the items in category A and B

Everything correctly connects up in the relationship manager.

I have cards that apply visual totals to the transactions from the main table when the user selects either something from category A or B in other visuals. These are all based off the main table.

I have tried to add cards that give a single number based on data in other tables. However this card only shows the total rather than filtering based on the selection of category A or B.

I would like this to change based on what the user has selected in other visuals
6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@PowerBiNovice99,

Please check the following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

1. Change the Cross filter direction ftom Single to Both between TARGETS table and Brokers table.
1.JPG

2. Click other visual, enable "Edit interactions" , then make sure that you choose Filter for the Card visual.

2.JPG

If the above steps don't help, please share dummy data of your table and post expected result.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PowerBiNovice99
Regular Visitor

Sorry should have said that most of my visuals are based on the table cc_data and trying to get a card that sums the relevant categories from the table target based on what has been selected in the other visuals
BalaVenuGopal
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @PowerBiNovice99 ,

Could you pleae provide data diagram with example what you need

PowerBiNovice99
Regular Visitor

Within the main table there are individual transactions that all have a category A and B. Multiples transactions for each category.

I have two secondary tables that additional information on category A and B and again multiple records for each category.

I have created two additional tables that give me unique values for all the items in category A and B

I have cards that apply visual totals to the transactions from the main table when the user selects either something from category A or B in other visuals. These are all based off the main table.

I have tried to add cards that give a single number based on data in other tables. However this card only shows the total rather than filtering based on the selection of category A or B.

I would like this to change based on what the user has selected in other visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.